Nassau Valley Vineyards Terms of Rental
Half the Facility Rental Fee is required at the time of the Contract’s signing to secure a firm date. The balance of the Rental Fee is due 60 days prior to the event. There is a 30 day cancellation period from the date of signing. Cancellation during this period will be charged a $100.00 Cancellation Fee. After this 30 day period, any cancellation will forfeit the entire Reservation’s deposit.
A Security Deposit of $300.00 is required on all contracts. The Security Deposit is refundable only after a full inspection of the event facility has been completed. This inspection will be completed by 5:00pm on the day following the event. This is to determine that cleanup is complete and that there has been no damage sustained to the buildings and their contents. The caterer is responsible for removal of all trash and for sweeping the floors and cleaning the kitchen. The security deposit is refunded within 30 days of the event completion.
Duration Of Event
Each contract is for a standard four hour event. For additional use of the facilities, there is an additional fee. Events don’t begin until after the winery closes at 5pm.
• Only licensed, bonded caterers may be used for Nassau Valley Vineyards events. We provide a preferred list of over 19 vendors for your catering choice. You must use an approved caterer from our list.
• Nassau Valley Vineyards charges $10.00 per bottle as a Corkage Fee on any 750ml bottle of NON-Nassau Valley wine, and there is a $20.00 Corkage Fee per every 1.5 liter bottle of NON-Nassau Valley wine opened. This does not apply to champagne and sparkling wines at this time, as we currently do not offer them.
• All NVV wines used for your event are billed at our Banquet Price (10% discount) and you are only charged for what wine(s) are opened. All other alcoholic beverages must be arranged through your Caterer. NVV may not sell you nor provide you with any other alcohol other than Nassau Valley Vineyards wines. Six caterers on our list currently have their Off-premise Liquor License and are permitted to sell you beer and spirits as part of their service package. Should you choose a caterer that does not have their Off-premise Liquor License, then a “Gathering License” must be obtained from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner for the acquisition and service of any other alcohol other than NVV wines.
• Nassau Valley Vineyards also prohibits the inclusion and delivery of shooters and/or shots to the guests attending your event.
• In consideration of the rules and regulations set forth by the state of Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol (ABCC), Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), an assigned representative of Nassau Valley (Facility Representative) will be on hand for your entire function.
• In consideration of the afore-mentioned alcohol licenses and of our winery museum, any interior event will require the lessee to provide supervision for the children. We can recommend local babysitters upon request.
• The Facility Rental Fee include the use of our NVV banquet tables (8). Basic folding chairs and 5′ round tables, in sufficient number to accommodate your guests, are provided by Nassau Valley Vineyard by way os a credit arrangement with Dover Rent-All Tents and Events. You must contact them directly to make those arrangements. All other rentals (i.e. linens, serving plates, flat and glassware), must be rented and can be arranged through your caterer and/or through the rental company directly.
• NVV offers paper lanterns for use in both Claret Hall and Grand Cru. The additional fee for the use of these lanterns is $150 in Claret or half of Grand Cru, $300 for all of Grand Cru.
Please review our Terms of Rental and Preferred Vendor List for more detailed information. Then take a look at our Wedding Gallery to see what others have done to create their perfect wedding atmosphere.